Book to Film Friday: Jamie Fraser

Last Friday we started a new tradition…Book to Film Fridays!

As a reminder, Book to Film Fridays are your opportunity to tell us who you imagine would play a specific character if the book or series became a movie.  Of course, we’ll also be sharing our ideas and opinions too.  The purpose of all this…to have fun…and maybe to sway some Hollywood casting agents!!

Today’s man of the hour is…..

Outlander Book Cover

Character: Jamie Alexander Malcolm McKenzie Fraser

Author: Diana Gabaldon

Series: Outlander

Chris Hemsworth

Ana:  Jamie is a charming, tall, long-haired highlander with a Scottish accent.   My perfect Jamie is Chris Hemsworth.  Let’s look at the evidence…Chris is tall (hello 6’3″), has been known to have long hair, has an accent (so it’s Australian, but he can do Scottish, I know he can) and just look at those eyes and that grin…undeniably melt-your-panties-off charming.

And, just in case you’re not convinced…I give you this!

Ya….case closed!

Tamie: Jamie is one of my favorite fantasy boyfriends. I’ve had a love affair with him for over a year now. I would love to see Gabriel Aubrey as Jamie on the big screen. I mean c’mon just look at him. He’s so Jamie that Jamie would approve.

Amy: Never in my life have I set eyes on a 6’4″ God-like Scotsman with flaming red hair and several years of Viking blood running through his veins… That being said, if I ever did catch a glimpse of Jamie Fraser in real life, spontaneous combustion would instantly occur.

*clears throat and stands up on soap box*

I introduce to you, 30 year old Nicholas “Nicky” Hayden, professional sexy as hell motorcycle racer. Nicky’s strong, well defined features and broad muscular frame, just scream resemblance to a younger JAMMF in my opinion.

Dinna fash yourself Sassenach... Omg! DED

Ok so he’s not an actor and he’s not Scottish (honestly who flippin’ cares! look at him! he can learn!) but that’s what acting classes and coaches are for right? Picture his hair longer, paired with a thick Scottish burr and a kilt, and Nicky Hayden has Jamie Fraser potential stamped all over him.

Aye?

Jag: Oh Jamie Fraser from the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon *sigh* what can I say about him.  He’s strong, loyal, intelligent, sexy, funny and a little bit of a beast, he’s one of my all-time favourite male characters. RAWR!

Och Aye!

When I picture Jamie in my mind, I see him as tall, powerful, lean and a little bit dangerous.  I have to agree with Tamie, my ultimate Jamie Fraser is Gabriel Aubrey.

*cue the fromage*

*sigh*  Makes me wanna reread Outlander :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
About Ana

Lover of all things romantic...strangely attracted to fictional characters...slightly melodramatic... mildly addicted to chocolate...hopelessly attached to my kindle...probably reading right now....

Comments

1. Celeste says:

I love my Litbrarians. I am the only one on BH who hasn’t read Outlander and this post has strongly encouraged me to move it up on my to read list! Great job ladies, I love the visuals!!

so who is going to go along for the reread with me???

2. Marina H. says:

This is AWESOME!! I’m so happy that someone else sees Chris Hemsworth as Jamie!! That’s who I saw from the beginning. He’s got those kind eyes. :) Can’t wait to finish the book!

• Ana says:

When I read the book originally, I didn’t know about Chris but as soon as I saw him on the big screen, he screamed Jamie to me!! I even did a small twitter #Chris4JAMMF campaign! lol So glad you agree!! btw, with his short blond hair, Chris is also my Rhage from the Black Dagger Brotherhood! Oh, heck…he can be anything he wants! ;)

3. Jag says:

Hmm the more I watch that GIF *stares* and see his ‘kind eyes’ the more I like Chris as Jamie. Nice choice.

4. I love the top two choices, Aubrey and Hemworth. I have a mad crush on Jamie Fraser. For the srceentest, they only have to say one word: Sassenach.

5. Tamie says:

Celeste…2 lose your Outlander virginity with us…*tear*

6. Athena says:

First, Ana, you see Chris as everyone, lol. Just like I see David Gandy as V, JZB, etc. Second, Gabriel Aubry. I have to love Gabriel. He is from Montreal. It is my civic duty. I love him as JAMMF. Third, Nicky Hayden looks exactly how I pictured young Jamie. The cat eyes, the long nose, the cocky attitude. And yes, I would love to be in on an Outlander re-read.

7. Hellokittee says:

Oh gawd! They are all perfect! Jamie, Jamie, Jamie! Sigh…

8. Jyll says:

Of the three candidates above to play Jamie, I think, Chris Hemsworth best meets the criteria to play James Fraser. Although he has a handsome and pretty face, his appearance and stand is quite masculine and viril. He has the classic viking warrior look, including the Scandinavian type eyes and appears comfortable with his looks, no need to resort to an artificial pose.
    Gabriel Aubrey, comes in second, in my view. Nice lean and muscular body. His facial features are quite agreeable, too. However, both the look in his face and his pose leave much to be desire. It is the look more of a fashion model, it does not compel much virility there, just a handsome appearance. Just look at the way he stands, no real man or warrior would ever stand like that!
    As to Nicholas “Nicky” Hayden, very nice looking young man, not a speck of femininity. However, except for the long straight nose, he does not remotely have the viking traits necessary to play James Fraser.
    This is my unbiased opinion since I have never seen nor heard of these three gentlemen in the past.

9. Donna Green says:

Check out Ryan McPartlin on google images. He is my version of Jamie Fraser.