What did you read this weekend?

It’s Monday again!!

We were able to sneak in some reading time this weekend!
Were you?

You know how this goes…
we’ll show you ours if you show us yours!!

Tell us what you’re reading!!

Shift - CoverAna:  I started reading Shift (Firstborn #2) by Raine Thomas.  This book is about Sophia, the daughter of my favorite characters in the Daughters of Saraqael Series, Olivia and James.  We met Sophia in Defy, the first book in the Firstborn series, along with Quincy, the man she’s in love with.  This book continues where the first left off.  The Mercesti continue to threaten the Estilorian plane and the characters continue to grow, get stronger and bond to save their world.  As always, the writing is crisp and the characters are easy to love.  I’m looking forward to learning more about Sophia and to watching the romance with Quincy continue to blossom!  And, I secretly (hahaha…not so secretly, I guess) hope that James makes an appearance at some point! *sigh*

Celeste: I read Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Oh, my heart! I can’t even start all the extras yet. This 2nd book in the series book has serious action and developments in it. There are clearly people who want to see Alex dead, or in a life of drugged servitude. Alex grows up so much in this installment and I adore her. Then there’s the romance. *clutches heart* I just can’t!! I’m so conflicted. But at the same time I am not conflicted. Yes that is vague but I don’t want to give anything away, you’ll have to read this series yourself. ;)

Christina: I started reading Inbetween (Kissed by Death #1) by Tara A. Fuller. Finn, a reaper, manages to fall in love with Emma/Allison and gets himself in loads of trouble for not only saving her from death once, but twice. I’m still in the beginning stages where their story is slowly unfolding, but so far, I’m into it. There’s the elements of Heaven, Hell, and the souls that get trapped in the Inbetween to await their fate. I’m definitely intrigued as to where this story is headed at this point.

Amy: I’m almost finished reading Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer Armentrout and MY GOD do I love this series! Just as she did in Obsidian, the author has an amazing way of pulling readers in from the very first word leaving us completely lost in this fantastic world she has created. In Onyx, we get to see a new side to Daemon and we also get to observe as the sizzling, complex relationship between Daemon and Katy continues to deepen and grow. If you missed our top shelf review of Obsidian, be sure to check it out here! It’s safe to say, I’m totally obsessed! #TeamDaemon

Now…tell us what you read this weekend!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
About Ana

Lover of all things romantic...strangely attracted to fictional characters...slightly melodramatic... mildly addicted to chocolate...hopelessly attached to my kindle...probably reading right now....

Comments

1. katiebirdie says:

Amy, I just finished Onyx, and I am also blown away by Ms. Armentrout. Taking some time to breath, before writing my review on Goodreads. The ending is just…Gah!! December is so long away now.

• Christina says:

She can write the heck out of some hawtness, can’t she? December is too far away, but luckily for us, it’s not a whole year to wait!

Thanks for stopping by! :D

2. Nikki R. says:

I finished the Lux series this weekend and it is AMAZING!! Love, Love, Love it! My husband was a little mad that I neglected him though(he’ll get over it :) . Obsidian and Onyx are soooo wonderful, I cannot wait for the next in the series. I also read Crash by Nicole Williams, it sucked me right in and I couldn’t put it down either! It’s a top shelf for me for sure! And I also started Blood like Poison by M. Leighton. I had a full weekend of good reading!

• Christina says:

Wow, you got a good bit of reading accomplished! I, too, loved Obsidian and devoured Onyx this week. I’ve heard quite a bit about Crash, I’ll have to check more into it.

Thanks for stopping by!

3. Joanne Lassiter says:

I’m reading both the THE FALLEN SERIES (Lauren Kate) and HUSH HUSH SERIES (Becca Fitzpatrick) trying not to get the 2 fallen angel stories mixed up. :)

I’m on the third book of the FS, and second book of HHS.

4. HeidiForReal says:

I’ve started Onyx today and read Obsidian this weekend. Love these books! I had trouble putting it away to be social over the entire weekend. BF had to grab my iPad and confiscate it. LOL So now I’m gonna sit down and continue reading Onyx. So the next one’s not out til December?? Oh noes!!

• Christina says:

I can understand the need to be socially withdrawn while reading the Lux series. The books *cough*Daemon*cough* can have that affect.

Yes, Opal (Lux #3) will be out on December 11th. Not that far, yet not close enough either!

Thanks for stopping by!

5. Jag says:

I just finished Obsidian last night. I really liked it but I’m not sure I crossed the line to obsession yet. *ducks from torches and pitchforks* It was an enjoyable read, the characters were well written and the plot was extremely unique. Maybe I’m just jet lagged. *shrug* On to Onyx!

• Christina says:

Yep, has to be the jet lag. Haha, just kidding. Besides Daemon, the story & characters really are well-developed and unique. Maybe you’ll fall harder in Onyx when Daemon tries to bring the swoon. ;)

• Jag says:

I think it’s because I read it while I was traveling and didn’t read it in fewer sittings. Does that make sense? Sometimes you need to immerse yourself in the book and I wasn’t able to do that. I can do it with Onyx now that I’m home ;)

• Christina says:

Yep, I totally get that. Another thing is that I usually try not over-praise a book because I’m always terrified people won’t have the same reaction to it as me. I know that happens to me often. I let the hype of a book increase my expectations and then I”m always a little disappointed. I hope that wasn’t the case here.

I hope you enjoy Onyx. (No pressure, lol.)

6. Christina says:

A bit of news that Jennifer Armentrout announced this past week just in case no one knows:

Book #4 and #5 will be in alternating POV’s of Katy & Daemon. *confetti*