Author: Robin York
Series: Caroline & West
Publisher: Bantam (Random House)
Published: July 1, 2014
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Synopsis: Caroline still dreams about West. His warm skin, his taut muscles, his hand sliding down her stomach. Then she wakes up and she’s back to reality: West is gone. And before he left, he broke her heart.
Then, out of the blue, West calls in crisis. A tragedy has hit his family—a family that’s already a fractured mess. Caroline knows what she has to do. Without discussion, without stopping to think, she’s on a plane, flying to his side to support him in any way he needs.
They’re together again, but things are totally different. West looks edgy, angry at the world. Caroline doesn’t fit in. She should be back in Iowa, finalizing her civil suit against the ex-boyfriend who posted their explicit pictures on a revenge porn website. But here she is. Deeply into West, wrapped up in him, in love with him. Still.
They fought the odds once. Losing each other was hard. But finding their way back to each other couldn’t be harder.
**I received an adanced copy from the publisher,
but that did not influence my review**
5 gushing heartbreaking perfect stars
This book, this series…totally touched my heart and me. A fabulous, compete, and full circle love story filled with every single emotion.
Let’s go through the spoiler-free feels before I talk details:
1. Tissues please, I’m still recovering from the ending of book 1, Deeper.
2. Oh thank god, they still need each other.
3. *walks on eggshells*
4. WTAF. I can’t believe SPOILER HERE SORRY NOT SORRY I’M SO FULL OF SPOILER HERE SORRY NOT SORRY. I need to discuss with someone ASAP.
5. *sobs* because I can’t put the book down and it’s the middle of the night and no one is awake to tweet with. *continues reading*
6. That reaction was brilliant. But I’m still so SPOILER HERE SORRY NOT SORRY.
7. Come on, come on, COME ON, COME. ON. Give in, dude. PLEASE!
8. PLEASE! (still begging)
9. Yes. *fist pump* Baby steps, but we can do this. *turns pages faster*
10. West called her Caro again. *melts with relief*
11. bites nails, it’s still not happening fast enough for me, the greedy reader.
12. *skips in circles*
13. *sings kumbaya*
14. My heart is so happy, I love HEAs.
What makes this book so good? The way it’s told, really. Then add in strong characters with an epic romance and you have a very special book. You seriously don’t need to know anything else. Ms. York has a gift for storytelling, for creating characters that you ending up knowing inside and out, and it’s hard not to think that you are actually in the book yourself.
But if you do need to know more detail, I will give you this…you should know there is a smexy leading man named West who is so brooding, so tortured, and so good at
naughty things taking care of things. He is strong willed, but still listens to Caroline, to his sister, and to his heart…eventually.
Caroline is strong, but got even stronger when she had direction and purpose…then she was on a mission and nothing and no one could stop her. She was kick-ass and awesome.
Is there anything I didn’t like? Um no. But there is something additional I would have liked and that is an epilogue, maybe a few years down the road. I know Caroline and West were in a great place, but I still wanted to know a few things. I’m just going to assume they happened.
Would I rec this? 1 million billion trajillion times YES. Drop by and let me know what you think, or tweet me as you read!
Please follow/like us & share: